FrostWire v4.20.9 Portable
Portable 19-08-2010, 00:30
FrostWire v4.20.9 Portable | 45.82Mb
FrostWire is a Peer to Peer (P2P) information sharing client for the Gnutella and BitTorrent networks. This project is not affiliated with LimeWire LLC. FrostWires' source code is Licensed under the GNU GPL Open Source license. Now FrostWire’s BitTorrent engine has been entirely replaced and features all the power of a lightweight version of the Azureus BitTorrent Core under the hood.
Not only all the prior issues our users reported with torrents are gone, but downloading torrents with FrostWire is faster than ever. Torrent Bootstrapping has also significantly improved and in some cases the average download speeds are even 3x faster than with our previous torrent technology.
The introduction of gnutella based .torrent file search with our last release clearly stated our direction, a truly decentralized P2P network with the best of the BitTorrent and Gnutella networks.
BitTorrent Magnet Links Support
The new version of FrostWire also supports BitTorrent Magnets, meaning you only need to get special URL (no initial file downloads necessary) and FrostWire will fetch the Torrent Metadata on the P2P network (using the Azureus DHT technology).
.torrents can survive also in Gnutella
Now, not only will .torrent files survive in the Gnutella network, but they will be fully searchable [in gnutella] and ready to aid in BitTorrent downloads may those torrents ever be removed from web based indexing services.
Every member of the file sharing community will be able to share both the .torrent files as well as the actual content files allowing for the BitTorrent traffic to be fully de-centralized, thanks to Gnutella search and the BitTorrent DHT.
Version 4.20.9 "Torrent Joint" (August 2010)
- Fixes bug where FrostWire would not try to open exclusively UDP tracked torrents.
- New option -Dultrapeer=1 forces FrostWire to run as Ultrapeer. Only for hackers that build FrostWire.
Version 4.20.8 "Torrent Joint" (August 2010)
- Upgrades search, now powered with ClearBits.net results a service
that indexes thousands of legal torrent files. (formerly known as
- New BitTorrent Connection Settings Available.
- New ability to configure the max. number of active torrent downloads.
- New ability to configure the max. number of peers per torrent.
- New ability to configure the max. number of torrent connections.
- New ability to configure the max. number of torrent uploads.
- Fixes torrent auto resume bug.
Homepage: - http://www.frostwire.com/
(FrostWire v4.20.9 Portable Downloads)
Dear visitor, you went to the site as unregistered user. We encourage you to register or enter the site under your name.